07 Jul Video consults now available
We encourage you to get virtual. This provide the best service remotely that we can offer. We will be using a secure web telehealth site called Doxy.me.
Video consults are appropriate for the following consultation types:
- Repeat Winz certificates
- Repeat ACC certificates
- Routine medication and chronic disease reviews eg diabetes, asthma, heart disease, arthritis, smoking cessation, stroke assessment
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Birth control.
If triaged to video conference please follow these instructions:
- Open the chrome, firefox, safari (Mac OS only). Internet explorer is not supported. Make sure you are running an up-to date version of one of these compatible web browers.
- Doxy.me can be used on a mobile device (iPhone or ipad) by using Safari.
- Enter your clinician’s room name as follows:
- Allow your browser to use to your webcam and microphone. Go to settings to check this.
- ensure you are somewhere private and quiet with good lighting
- you must have good internet connection
- restart your device before the visit
- PLEASE use the “start test” button in the waiting room PRIOR to your consultation.