05 Apr Flu vaccines, Appointments and Masks
Flu vaccines please phone to make your appointment now
The 2023 flu vaccines are available and are free for:
- children aged 6 months to 12 years old
- people aged 65 and over
- pregnant people
- Māori and Pacific people over 55
- people with underlying health conditions including heart disease, cancer, diabetes and serious asthma
- people with significant mental illness such as schizophrenia or those currently accessing mental health services.
Unfunded flu vaccines cost $35.
- To look after your needs appropriately, please note a doctor’s appointment is for 15 minutes to cover one or… if time is favorable two issues. If you have multiple issues to discuss please book two appointments (additional fees will apply).
- Need an appointment… but busy with work, children or just generally busy, why not book a phone appointment? These offer you a great opportunity to have that appointment while at the same time your saving your travel time, petrol costs and you are able to get on with the things you love doing just by waiting for that phone call.
Keeping us all well
We continue to require everyone coming into the practice to wear a mask as per the government’s directive and our Practice Policy. For peace of mind, you may wish to wait in your vehicle – that is absolutely fine. Please just call us on your arrival with your details of your vehicle. We will continue to screen patients and operate a “streaming’ process – again this is for your protection, as well as our staff. This means you may be required to be seen differently i.e., in a treatment room should you have cold/flu/sore throat/COVID symptoms.